My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

I'm a thirty-something girl who wants to see at least a thousand more amazing things before I die. I live for travel, good books, and amazing conversations. I'm a sometimes belly-dancer, a perpetual junk merchant, and spiders like me a lot. I have fooled myself into thinking I have a green thumb in the garden, but I do at least take some amazing photographs of flowers if I do say so myself. I used to be a "goth" but I'm way too cheerful nowadays, not that it's a bad thing but it's sometimes hard to reconcile skull-collecting and liking Martha Stewart in the same lifetime. I started out wanting to be a mortician and here I am a preschool teacher. You just never know how you'll end up. Oh yeah, and one of these days I'll retire in a little villa in Italy or France with Jeff and a couple of cats.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Serengeti Loo Song


Friday, September 2, 2005

As I've said before....here's the thing about glow-in-the-dark eyes:

If they are yellow or green you are probably okay.They probably don't belong to a predator, although it still might be something large and cantankerous and dangerous like a buffalo or hippo. But if the eyes reflect red you should back away slowly and NOT run away because that would make you look like prey.

Yum yum.

Okay, so there we were in the early morning hours. The sky is beginning to glow in the east but it's still dark out and Nature is calling.

New skill learned while on this trip: the art of holding your flashlight in your teeth while using the loo.

The three of us (Jeff's mom and Jen and I) have just finished in the lovely squat toilets that are located far away from the tent area for a reason, and Jen has just finished being surprised by a bat that flew OUT of the toilet-hole.

We have just started down the trail back to the tents, giggling about the bat, when we swing our flashlight to the side and there are GLOWING EYES right nearby.

Quick, quick, what colour?

Ah, green. Probably okay.

But it is impossible to see what sort of animal it might be, hidden in the shrubbery as it were.

....Er, let's walk away...casually..

So we do. We giggle, a bit nervously as we do, and one of us pretends to whistle.

Just then a little tune pops into my head and out a song springs fully formed. The inspiration of nervous adrenalin. (cough cough)

Ahem.

The Serengeti Loo Song goes like this:

We're casually walking away
We're casually walking away
So we don't look like prey
We're casually walking away

And if the eyes are yellow
We breathe a sigh of relief
Cuz if they're red
I guess we're dead
We're casually walking away

We all want to see a lion
But not on the way to the loo!
In fact we're happy to see nothing at all
Except maybe some animal poo

We're casually walking away
We're casually walking away
So we don't look like prey
We're casually walking away!



Well, it's not Andrew Lloyd Webber, but it DID fit the occasion.

And it has a catchy tune. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tai said...

LOVE it!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Pol* said...

One of my favourite ditties now.... thanks for posting it as I was WRACKING my brain trying to think of it the other day!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MBA Programs
Find Information on the best MBA Programs at UNHMBA.org