My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

I'm a thirty-something girl who wants to see at least a thousand more amazing things before I die. I live for travel, good books, and amazing conversations. I'm a sometimes belly-dancer, a perpetual junk merchant, and spiders like me a lot. I have fooled myself into thinking I have a green thumb in the garden, but I do at least take some amazing photographs of flowers if I do say so myself. I used to be a "goth" but I'm way too cheerful nowadays, not that it's a bad thing but it's sometimes hard to reconcile skull-collecting and liking Martha Stewart in the same lifetime. I started out wanting to be a mortician and here I am a preschool teacher. You just never know how you'll end up. Oh yeah, and one of these days I'll retire in a little villa in Italy or France with Jeff and a couple of cats.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Henna After a Spicy Lunch

Thursday, September 8, 2005

After our spicy lunch, some of our group headed back into Stonetown to visit the bank because we are heading for the north of the island tomorrow and there will probably be little access to bank machines.

But a few of us (including me and Jeff, and Jen) stayed behind to watch Evelyn and Heather have a black henna pattern painted on their arm by a young woman in a gold and white headscarf who seemed to be related to our hostess.

Jen had the henna painted in a bracelet around her wrist and a small medallion on three fingers. Jeff's mom chose a long pattern that stretched from her thumb almost to her elbow.

Our hostess (who was quiet but friendly and a very good cook) sat on her living-room's floor (covered with many small carpets) and combed her three year old daughter Khaimat's hair. I know her daughter's name from seeing her "Happy Baby Nursery School" identity card which was lying on the low table. On her card, Khaimat wore a white headscarf as all female schoolchildren seem to do here.

(We saw crowds of school children on our way back into Stonetown today!)


1 Comments:

Blogger adman said...

So this is where the idea came from...their tattoos lok nicer (and less painful) than the photos I've seen of yours...cheers

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MBA Programs
Find Information on the best MBA Programs at UNHMBA.org