My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

I'm a thirty-something girl who wants to see at least a thousand more amazing things before I die. I live for travel, good books, and amazing conversations. I'm a sometimes belly-dancer, a perpetual junk merchant, and spiders like me a lot. I have fooled myself into thinking I have a green thumb in the garden, but I do at least take some amazing photographs of flowers if I do say so myself. I used to be a "goth" but I'm way too cheerful nowadays, not that it's a bad thing but it's sometimes hard to reconcile skull-collecting and liking Martha Stewart in the same lifetime. I started out wanting to be a mortician and here I am a preschool teacher. You just never know how you'll end up. Oh yeah, and one of these days I'll retire in a little villa in Italy or France with Jeff and a couple of cats.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Sweet Easy and the Stonetown Night Market

Thursday, September 8, 2005

Later this evening, we met up with Jeff's sister and mom and walked down to the beach front again.

There was a night market set up along the shore in a narrow park I later learned was known as the Farodhani Gardens.

Along with the jewellry and wooden-sculture merchants, there was a huge assortment of long tables which held smoking grills laden with seafood and meat kebabs. It was a noisy, crowded scene lit with glaringly bright lanterns and it smelled quite enticing.

But we had already decided where we were going to eat: at the Sweet Easy, an al fresco restaurant nearby which featured a delicious-sounding mix of African and Thai food. Some of our group had eaten there before and it came recommended. Some of the dishes arrived served in coconut shells.

As we had been out on the Serengeti on Jen's birthday, we decided to make this evening meal her official birthday present from us. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MBA Programs
Find Information on the best MBA Programs at UNHMBA.org