My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

I'm a thirty-something girl who wants to see at least a thousand more amazing things before I die. I live for travel, good books, and amazing conversations. I'm a sometimes belly-dancer, a perpetual junk merchant, and spiders like me a lot. I have fooled myself into thinking I have a green thumb in the garden, but I do at least take some amazing photographs of flowers if I do say so myself. I used to be a "goth" but I'm way too cheerful nowadays, not that it's a bad thing but it's sometimes hard to reconcile skull-collecting and liking Martha Stewart in the same lifetime. I started out wanting to be a mortician and here I am a preschool teacher. You just never know how you'll end up. Oh yeah, and one of these days I'll retire in a little villa in Italy or France with Jeff and a couple of cats.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Baby Sea Turtles!

Friday, September 9, 2005

Here are some more pictures of our time at the Mnarani Natural Aquarium on Nungwi Beach, Zanzibar.

I think that for all of us holding the baby turtles was a highlight of the experience. Their little bodies were cool and leathery and they had the most serious expressions on their little freckled faces.

There were several sizes of young turtles wimming in separate basins or tanks, ranging in size from a shell maybe only two inches across to the plump youngsters we were holding.

The aquarium also kept a few small land tortoises, as well as a python from the local forest which was kept in a pen with a very large and resigned-looking cane rat.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MBA Programs
Find Information on the best MBA Programs at UNHMBA.org