My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

I'm a thirty-something girl who wants to see at least a thousand more amazing things before I die. I live for travel, good books, and amazing conversations. I'm a sometimes belly-dancer, a perpetual junk merchant, and spiders like me a lot. I have fooled myself into thinking I have a green thumb in the garden, but I do at least take some amazing photographs of flowers if I do say so myself. I used to be a "goth" but I'm way too cheerful nowadays, not that it's a bad thing but it's sometimes hard to reconcile skull-collecting and liking Martha Stewart in the same lifetime. I started out wanting to be a mortician and here I am a preschool teacher. You just never know how you'll end up. Oh yeah, and one of these days I'll retire in a little villa in Italy or France with Jeff and a couple of cats.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

London Natural History Museum

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

When in London, I highly recommend you pop out of the South Kensington tube stop and have a good long visit at the British Natural History Museum.

I had a fabulously interesting afternoon here today and Jeff and I vowed that we'd come back here again before we leave.

We had dinner at a little fish 'n' chips place called "Seasons" on Cromwell Road and spent the rest of the evening relaxing and catching up on laundry and email. Our B&B gives us free internet access: we love these guys! :)







































9 Comments:

Blogger Pol* said...

So cool! I love the juxtaposition of the fossil raptor nest to the graceful architecture

9:41 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

I love Natural History museums. Those dinosaur photos were terrifying. I can only imagine in person!

10:02 AM  
Blogger g d townshende said...

My mum's from London — Westham, to be precise — and my first three years of high school were at a school for military brats, out near Oxford.

I miss England, but it's so bloody expensive! The trip I mentioned in your other blog was accompanied by a trip to London and to Sheffield, where I met a friend from an online writing forum. Of course, being a military brat, I've done a lot of traveling... 18 countries on 3 continents, and something like 39 of the 50 states,...

...and I'm far from done!

And the photos from the Natural History museum reminded me of this past summer, when I took my sons to the Natural History museum in nearby Washington DC.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Silverstar said...

I love the pictures of the dinosaurs! British museums are awesome! :)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Anand said...

Looks grt..adding it to my list of "Must see's"

12:16 AM  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

i really enjoyed ALL these photos of your travels, sure looked like you had a wonderful time.

cheers,
pj

12:43 AM  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

How amazing that you're in London now. Get yourself along to Club Pigalle on Piccadilly - fab decor, fab cocktails, and usually fab music.

Puss

8:10 AM  
Blogger Jorgo said...

That was a truly harrowing story about the Black Henna drawing!

Very glad to hear you were so well looked after and have recovered almost completely.

All the best.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Ekta said...

hey lovely!
have been to london last yr and got stuck in tate modern!
didnt get too much time but just loved walking the streets of london...
the place kinda grows on u!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MBA Programs
Find Information on the best MBA Programs at UNHMBA.org