My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

I'm a thirty-something girl who wants to see at least a thousand more amazing things before I die. I live for travel, good books, and amazing conversations. I'm a sometimes belly-dancer, a perpetual junk merchant, and spiders like me a lot. I have fooled myself into thinking I have a green thumb in the garden, but I do at least take some amazing photographs of flowers if I do say so myself. I used to be a "goth" but I'm way too cheerful nowadays, not that it's a bad thing but it's sometimes hard to reconcile skull-collecting and liking Martha Stewart in the same lifetime. I started out wanting to be a mortician and here I am a preschool teacher. You just never know how you'll end up. Oh yeah, and one of these days I'll retire in a little villa in Italy or France with Jeff and a couple of cats.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sunset Beach Walk with a Rising Tide


Friday, September 9, 2005

Tonight, accompanied by a beautiful sunset, the four of us walked up the beach to dine at a restaurant that had a broad deck built on stilts over the ocean.

Very delicious. Very relaxing. There were margaritas involved.

Walking here, we had realized that the tide was already merrily climbing the beach and so we had brought flashlights so we could make our way back to the villa by the dirt road that ran in front of the restaurant area.

After dinner, as night fell, we ended up being glad we could lend a flashlight to friends of ours who suddenly realized they would be stumbling down the alleyway in the dark otherwise.

On our way back we stopped in a tiny internet cafe where Jen was able to finalize plans to travel back home day after tomorrow. Jeff and his mom and I were travelling on to spend a week in London, but poor Jen had to head back to work early. It always amazes me that no matter where you are in the world, it's almost always possible to access the internet. It amazed me in a a small desert town in Morocco that had maybe three buildings, and it amazes me again on this little island off East Africa.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MBA Programs
Find Information on the best MBA Programs at UNHMBA.org